Mission Chaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Chaos

Official Mission Chaos Clan Website and Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ctf Tips (read)

Go down 
+5
Leonidas
|MC| Hammer
Klyke
-[+]-
Blaze
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Blaze
Admin
Admin

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 8:54 pm

Okay, I thought I'd better make a CTF guide for clanwars, because a ) most scrims are CTF and b ) we got owned (not naming any names)

Most clanwars are 3v3, so I'll keep my observations towards that type of match.

Roles
Usually maps have 1 main route and 1 alternate route (ie, top and bottom for Laos, top/mid and bottom for Run). Generally, the strategy is 2 main and 1 alternate.
For the main route, autos or semi-autos are best. Spraying is somewhat frowned upon, but it works, so soften up your enemies first.
For the alternate route, 1 hit kill weapons. M79 is probably better than barret, since most routes are cramped, but barret is good for some maps (ie low Maya... btw, why doesn't anyone play this map angry.gif) The law is also good if you're willing to camp a little.
Defence: a defender can help a lot, but it means that you're taking a player from somewhere else. Spas and law is IMO the best combination, but the m79 or barret are excellent too. If you have a defender, be very sure to keep him informed (more on this later)
Mid: some maps have three routes, or a main route that splits up. You can send one to each, but that usually means someone will be double-teamed. 1 hit kill weapons are still good, but usually mid is too open to m79 really well.

Communication
This is one of the most important parts of a clan war. You need to be able to warn your teammates. Everyone who wants to be in a CTF scrim should have these as taunts:
EFC top/mid/low - this is critical - your team needs to know where the flag is going. Don''t worry about spamming, if the flagger changes direction and goes from top to mid, your team needs to know.
Incoming top/mid/low - very important for clan wars, but less so for publics, where there's enemies everywhere. If you don't manage to kill someone, or they run past you, then SAY SO. Someone who is respawning can intercept them then. Extra-important if you have a defender.
These are less important, but it's still useful to have them taunted.
FFC top/mid/low - let your teammates know where the friendly flagger is headed, so they can cover him. They can see what's happening on the radar, so it's not as critical, but still important in case he gets killed.
Loose top/mid/low - if you lose the flag, you definitely want someone on your team to step in and get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mission-chaos.co.nr
-[+]-
Major
Major
-[+]-

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 9:16 pm

for the CTF Taunts, u could set it up like this:
TOP---MID----BOT
Q-------A-------Z EFC Taunts
W-------S-------X Inc taunts
E--------D-------C Loose Taunts

easy way to remember
if u dont get this, i will make the taunts for you, then u can test them out

Last edited by on Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Admin
Admin

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 9:17 pm

mmk, but did u read all of this. It may come in handy
Back to top Go down
-[+]-
Major
Major
-[+]-

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 9:24 pm

yes, i did read it all, im just putting in my input on how to set up your taunts

oh, and when u do set them up, make sure to put a "^" in front of it
that way its on the team chat
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Admin
Admin

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 9:28 pm

ok
sure thing, let me know when ur done
Back to top Go down
Klyke
Major
Major
Klyke

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 12:13 am

Thinks Blaze for this..

ALSO Thank you too + I was having probs with where to put them
Back to top Go down
|MC| Hammer
Major
Major

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 1:16 pm

i dont understand the taunt things that + made
Back to top Go down
-[+]-
Major
Major
-[+]-

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 3:49 pm

i finished setting up the taunts

and yes, klyke, it is confusing where to put them, but i figured out which ones go where

and Hammer, i placed them based on where you can easily reach them
in other words:
all the highs are at the top of the keyboard (Q,W, and Z)
all the mids in the middle (A,S, and D)
all the lows on the bottom (Z,X, and C)

also, i placed them in spots right next to your left hand, so u dont have to waste time figuring out where they are
Back to top Go down
|MC| Hammer
Major
Major

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 3:39 pm

i got it
Back to top Go down
Leonidas
Admin
Admin
Leonidas

Location : Currently in a bedroom having sex with the chick in my avatar.

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 4:23 pm

Blaze wrote:

Defence: a defender can help a lot, but it means that you're taking a player from somewhere else. Spas and law is IMO the best combination, but the m79 or barret are excellent too. If you have a defender, be very sure to keep him informed (more on this later)
Mid: some maps have three routes, or a main route that splits up. You can send one to each, but that usually means someone will be double-teamed. 1 hit kill weapons are still good, but usually mid is too open to m79 really well.
No, no, no, no, no. Never EVER camp in a 3v3. You guys already need to work on CTF tactics enough. No camping, IT NEVER WORKS! After learning this from The Ruthless (R7), camping kills your team because it will be a 2v3.

-[+]- wrote:
for the CTF Taunts, u could set it up like this:
TOP---MID----BOT
Q-------A-------Z EFC Taunts
W-------S-------X Inc taunts
E--------D-------C Loose Taunts

easy way to remember
if u dont get this, i will make the taunts for you, then u can test them out
OK, if you guys want my taunts, PM me.

Disclaimer: I will not teach you the button combinations.
Back to top Go down
-[+]-
Major
Major
-[+]-

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 4:44 pm

nice double post
Back to top Go down
|MC| Hammer
Major
Major

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 3:04 pm

i would delete it but i not admin*crys* *looks to blaze*
Back to top Go down
Zero
Admin
Admin
Zero

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:25 pm

Double post deleted.
Back to top Go down
Constrictor
Major
Major

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 12:19 pm

You know the map, CTF_xmoborgv3? It's uber hard, but really fun.

Best things to do is.

1. Stay high, fly over zombies.
2. Once you get ahead, hold them back so others can meet up wth you.

btw, that's for zombie mode.
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Admin
Admin

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 3:04 pm

dude you mean on !elite that map is total kick ass. That is an all teamwork map. I love it
Back to top Go down
Leonidas
Admin
Admin
Leonidas

Location : Currently in a bedroom having sex with the chick in my avatar.

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 4:07 pm

Blaze wrote:
dude you mean on !elite that map is total kick ass. That is an all teamwork map. I love it
ELITE SUCKS EXCEPT FOR FUN, NOT SERIOUS.
Back to top Go down
{K}orrupT~MerC
Major
Major
{K}orrupT~MerC

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 9:16 pm

Quote :

(ie low Maya... btw, why doesn't anyone play this map angry.gif)

Thats one of my favorite maps Very Happy i do pretty good in it compared to others.

As for taunts i use:

1,2,3 for EFC High mid low
4,5,6 for Inc high mid low
7,8,9 for FFC high mid low

They are easy to remember especially over a-z commands and not to difficult with reaching... i can still run and give a command with no problem
Back to top Go down
Hershey
Major
Major

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 6:01 pm

I gots tip!

In a 2v2 match have 1 person go into the base shooting and dieing while the 2nd person behind them finishes off the shooting kills them then takes the flag.

Sounds good huh?
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Admin
Admin

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:45 am

thats pretty basic..to crrectly phrase that... One person goes in first while shooting at both targets but not killing them...badely weaken them. Then the second person grabs the flag and finishes them off...You do it so the enemy gets longer respawn time. So you can get out of base safely
Back to top Go down
Hershey
Major
Major

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:45 pm

Uhh doesnt matter what repspawn time. As long as i got as fast as I can, I'll be fine trying to kill person chasing me.
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Admin
Admin

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:06 pm

yea...it does. Wouldn't you like more time to run away? cause you won't win a 2vs1 and you having less heath
Back to top Go down
Hershey
Major
Major

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 3:27 pm

set the respawn time to normal then...
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Admin
Admin

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 4:11 am

it is normal....god hershey..u don't understand

You kill them late so when they die you get more time to "CAP"

FFS
Back to top Go down
Hershey
Major
Major

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:42 pm

Blaze delete this post

Last edited by on Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hershey
Major
Major

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:43 pm

Blaze wrote:
thats pretty basic..to crrectly phrase that... One person goes in first while shooting at both targets but not killing them...badely weaken them. Then the second person grabs the flag and finishes them off...You do it so the enemy gets longer respawn time. So you can get out of base safely
Were you saying that in a geative or postive way?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ctf Tips (read) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ctf Tips (read)   Ctf Tips (read) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ctf Tips (read)
Page 1 of 1